THE FRIENDS OF BRASWELL MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY
2012 FUN RUN
Friends of Braswell Memorial Library and Rocky the Reading Rabbit at 2012 FUN RUN
2012 CHAMPAGNE & CHOCOLATES
Sponsored by Friends of Braswell Memorial Library (FOL)
Top: Jim Curtis, FOL Liaison; Jane Blackburn, Library Director,
Alice Thorp, Board Chair; Jenny White, FOL President;
Bottom: Katherine Lucas & Shermonica Scott, FOL membership committee;
Members of the Danny Daughtridge Band
On behalf of the Friends of Braswell Memorial Library, I would like to thank all individuals, sponsors, and corporations for your support of the Friends. Our purpose is to assist and support Braswell Memorial Library programs, collections, and special projects which we do by raising money through Champagne & Chocolates and the FUN RUN. These projects will support the 2012 Summer Reading Program, which kicks off Friday, June 15 on the back lawn of the library.
There will be many other exciting events that we know you would like to attend. Look for future mailings announcing these programs so you can mark your calendar.
Jenny White, President
Friends of Braswell Memorial Library, Inc.
COMING IN SEPTEMBER:
In September, the Friends of Braswell Memorial Library will begin its annual recruitment for membership and volunteers for its committees.
The purpose of the membership committee is to:
- Retain and nurture existing Friends of Braswell Memorial Library;
- Recruit and cultivate new Friends through promoting membership options for active participation on committees;
- Recruit and direct volunteers for the support of library events, programs, and initiatives;
- Recruit and direct volunteers in support of specific events or programs presented by the Friends; and,
- Recruit and direct volunteers to other library volunteer positions, including the Foote PRINT Homework Center.
FUNDRAISING, ADVOCACY & SPECIAL PROGRAM COMMITTES
The purpose of Fundraising, Advocacy and Special Programs is to support selected initiatives of Braswell Memorial Library including fundraising, public relations, and special events by:
- Developing repetitive giving to Friends of Braswell Memorial Library by individuals;
- Developing repetitive giving of gifts by businesses;
- Sponsoring special events such as Champagne & Chocolates, the FUN RUN, and book sales (which may include ticket sales);
- Developing communication strategies for promoting the Friends and Braswell Memorial Library by civic and community presentations;
- Organizations and events such as NC Friends, Library Legislative Day, and community festivals;
- Sponsoring Special Programs which educate, entertain, and bring together the general public and Friends members;
- Maintaining Friends of Braswell Memorial Library webpage; and
- Participating in the annual Braswell Memorial Library staff recognition event.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
THE FRIENDS OF BRASWELL MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that exists solely to support the goals and activities of Braswell Memorial Public Library. The Friends raise monies to promote, encourage, and improve library services. Although we contribute to numerous projects, the Summer Reading Program, the FooteP.R.I.N.T. Homework Center, and the Kid’s College Homework Center remain our top priority.
If you would like to make a donation to the Friends in support of the library, please make checks payable to FRIENDS OF BRASWELL MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY (FBMPL) and mail to FBMPL, c/o Braswell Memorial Library, 727 North Grace Street, Rocky Mount, NC 27804. Call (252) 442-1951, ext. 245 for more information.
c/o Braswell Memorial Public Library
727 N Grace Street, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
(252) 442-1951 ext. 245
Standing L to R: Jim Curtis (Library staff), Jackie Jones, Marie Bridgers, Jenny White (President), Jane Blackburn (Library Director), Ivan Price (Treasurer), Shermonica Scott, Keith Davis
Sitting L to R: Katherine Lucas, Mae Woods Bell, Carolyn Patton, Marywalker Romanus
Not Pictured: Brenda Greene (Library staff - FOL Liaison), Dorothy Everette, Martha Johnson, Charlotte High, Ann Williamson, Stephanie Allen, Mary Williams, Johnny Bulluck
Special Services Librarian
252-442-1951 Ext. 245
Library Fund Advisor
252-442-1951 Ext. 249